If you want your lawn to look lush green always but do not have time to water it, then lawn sprinklers are perfect for you. Gone are the days when people were dependent on watering cans and rain to make their lawns look green.
After the invention of sprinklers, maintenance of gardens has become an easy task as they automatically spray water through your yard. Nowadays, The market is filled with a plethora sprinkler options. To help you choose the best, we have reviewed top 10 best lawn sprinkler that are worth buying.
Top 10 Best Lawn Sprinklers:
1. GARDENA ZoomMaxx Oscillating Sprinkler: Best in Oscillating Sprinkler Category
The Gardena Zoom Maxx is a small rectangular oscillating sprinkler that has two rows of nozzles fixated on a circular base.
This best lawn sprinkler for low water pressure is extremely powerful, and it is capable of watering areas beginning from to 10×10 foot to 40-70 foot. It also waters with uniformity at up to 25 feet without leaving any dry patches. The sprinkler comprises of 3 adjustment areas and 2 length altering levers.
The latter allow you to set a particular length at which you would require the watering to take place. GARDENA ZoomMaxx Oscillating Sprinkler also comprises of a flow control knob which can be used to adjust the amount of water you would like to be sprinkled across your garden area.
The Gardena Zoom Maxx can be connected to the hose pipe with the help of a quick connect product adapter. The base of the sprinkler weighs 2.6 lbs. and it is extremely sturdy so that it does not tip off while it is working.
A slight downside of this product is that its settings are reset once the sprinkler is moved from one place to the other.
- This lawn sprinkler covers 76 sq. feet-2300 sq. feet which is a great coverage.
- The rubber nozzles attached in the sprinkler spreads water in a uniform manner throughout the yard.
- Comprises of Turbo Gear Technology which help in enhancing water flow by producing a small amount of heat.
- Can be controlled with ease
- Ideal for small to medium yards
- Distributes water evenly
- Offers Turbo Gear Technology
- The plastic can be of better quality
2. Nelson Rain Train Traveling Sprinkler – Efficient in Covering Large Areas
Nelson Rain Train Traveling Sprinkler looks like a cute toy truck with a sprinkler on top. It travels through your lawn to water it in no time. Weighing 20 pounds, this is rated among the best lawn sprinklers in the market.
The two-speed gear box present in this product makes it easy to adjust its travelling and sprinkling speeds. Compact in appearance, this best lawn sprinkler for large area is perfect for lawns of large sizes and it gives the feel of an expensive automatic irrigation system.
- The body of the sprinkler is robust since it is made of iron. This will make it last longer than usual
- Nelson Travelling Sprinkler has a capacity of covering at least 200 feet and 13500 sq. ft.
- The Automatic Shutoff makes minimal use of water. The ramp setup on the sprinkler prohibits excessive usage of water by shutting it off.
- Covers big spaces
- Body made of iron ensures durability
- Traveling facility covers vast area
- Long lasting product
- The wheels are made of plastic which may slip while travelling
3. Rain Bird 32ETI- Economical Automatic Sprinkler System
If you thought automatic sprinklers are for the rich and famous who can afford it, you are wrong! Rain Bird 32ETI Automatic Sprinkler System is a revolutionary product in the world of lawn sprinkler systems.
On an average, an in-ground sprinkler would cost $2471 whereas this In Ground Automatic Sprinkler system can be purchased for under $200. At this price, you will save yourself from the hassle of watering your lawn as it will take place automatically in no time. The length of the spraying object can be adjusted along with the rotation of the head. Here is the detailed review of the lawn product for better understanding.
The sprinkler also comes with a replacement nozzle for spurting out water.
The Rain Bird sprinkler has some good features Rain Delay and Water Now. Overall, if you wish to purchase an automatic system at a fraction of a cost, then this a must buy sprinkler.
- Settings like Water Now and Rain Delay facilitate easy control on product
- Covers lawn area of 1000-3000 square feet
- Comprises of an end time and 32SA Rotors
- Covers a large area
- Cost effective
- Easy to install
- Strong customer service
- Timer does not work accurately
4. Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer – Motion Activated Sprinkler
This sprinkler system comes 120-degree motion sensor that can operate in different modes. Crafted using best quality material, this sprinkler can work in day and night modes. The coverage that this product provides is simply outstanding and the sensors also work only when there is movement thereby saving loads of water and power.
This best lawn sprinkler has a sturdy and wide base which makes it long lasting and durable. The Orbit 62100 Yard uses 4 AA batteries which last or 7500 cycles which means it will last for at least a year or two.
- Has a 30- minute timer
- Adjustable Spray works up to 35 feet
- Offers 7500 activation cycles
- Constructed using heavy duty material
- Sensors for Day and Night
- Every battery set provides 7500 cycles.
- Has a 30-minute time
- Comprises of extra outlets which enables you to attach many sprinklers in one go.
- A few dollars expensive than its counterparts.
5. Naan Irrigator Large Round Specialty Sprinkler – Best Budget Sprinkler
If you have no other requirements from a sprinkler apart from the fact that it sprinkles water from one place, then the Naan Irrigator Large Round Specialty Sprinkler is the best for you. Priced at a couple of dollars, this is one of the best lawn sprinklers for budget buyers.
The water through is within a 10-foot distance and it is perfect if you have a small garden. Even if you have a medium sized garden, you can keep shifting it location to spurt water all over the garden which is much better than wasting a long period of time watering with a hose pipe. One of the downsides of this sprinkler is that the paint peels off when handled roughly therefore, one needs to handle it with care.
- Simple Round Pattern
- 3o inch coverage
- Made of Heavy Duty Metal
- Extremely affordable
- Design is attractive
- Does a decent job of spurting water within 10 feet
- Easy to use
- Made of iron
- Not suitable if you have a large yard area to be covered or want fancy features
6. Dramm 15024 ColorStorm 9-Pattern Premium Turret Sprinkler – Multi Pattern Sprinkler
The Dramm 15024 ColorStorm 9-Pattern Premium Turret Sprinkler has made it to our list of best lawn sprinklers and the sole reason for the same is that it caters to all shapes and sizes of yards. The reason for the same is that it spurts 9 patterns of water which are suitable to cover all kinds of areas.
It is also available in a series of colours including orange, red, green yellow, blue and berry. The highlight point of the sprinkler is that it comes with lifetime guaranty which is quite rare.
- The 9-water pattern is one of the most interesting feature of this sprinkler. This facilitates multi functioning.
- The different coverage areas of the sprinkler include outer ring, small circle, rectangle, square coverage, half square, outer ring, narrow rectangle and round-edge square. This makes the product one of the best lawn sprinklers available.
- Base made with heavy metal and has a metal hook. Both these features ensure easy storage and better performance.
- Metallic base is durable
- Offers a 9-pattern water sprinkling effect
- Comes with a moulded hook for display
- Available in interesting colours
- Offers lifetime warranty
- The water patterns might not effectively work for very large yards.
7. Gardena 1980 Polo 2,400 Square Foot Oscillating Sprinkler – Premium Quality Sprinkler
The Gardena 1980 Polo sprinkler offers a coverage up to 950-2400 square feet. Made of Aluminum, this sprinkler is rust proof and long lasting. The spray jet of this product is extremely strong, and it performs well in sprinkling continuous and uniform flow of water. The head of this best lawn sprinkler for low pressure can be adjusted according to your requirement within a 23-56 feet range.
The structure of the sprinkler is light weight and it is quite strong and clog resistant. Gardena 1980 Polo is one of the best lawn sprinklers available because it affordable and is perfect for all frequency of watering. The sprinkle comes with a cleaning tool and a 12 months warranty.
- Adjustable spray head
- Comes with a hose adapter for an easy connection
- Aluminium Body
- 1-year warranty
- Comprises of a full adjustable spray head that can be adjusted from 23 feet to 56 feet
- Covers 950-2400 square feet
- Comes with a cleaning tool
- Extremely durable
- Not all parts are made of metal
8. Melnor XT Metal Oscillating Lawn Sprinkler – Flexibility at its Best
The Melnor XT Turbo is one of the best lawn sprinklers due to its spectacular features including a one touch adjustment which is the best when you need to irrigate more than one areas. It has 18 rubber nozzles which turn with flexibility and provide extensive coverage.
Another commendable feature of the Melnor XT Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler is that it is clog resistant and has an even flow technology system installed in it. There is a central tube in the sprinkler that is filled with water and it helps in stabilizing the product. There is a Micro-adjustment dial in the sprinkler and which prevents spilling of water on sidewalks.
- The Even flow technology has a built-in technology that helps the water in reaching narrow areas and spreading water evenly over all areas.
- This oscillating sprinkler covers an area of 74-3900 sq. ft. and is most suited for small and narrow areas.
- There are 18 rubber nozzles in this sprinkler. They can be easily controlled to alter the length, breadth and coverage of water. 6 of these nozzles are equipped with automatic shutoff.
- The highlight features of the Melnor XT Metal Oscillating Lawn Sprinkler include a clog resistant design which prevents clogging and a special one touch adjustable feature which helps in adjusting the width.
- Turbo Drive Motor helps in enhancing the water flow.
- Water flow technology
- 18 rubber nozzles for a better water spread
- Has a turbo motor
- Timer and auto shutoff feature
- Warranty offered
- One touch adjustment feature
- Setting sprinkler takes a bit of a time
- It is not suitable for wide areas
9. Rain Bird 35ADJTNTB Brass Impact – Robust Bodied Sprinkler
Rain Bird 35ADJTNTB Brass Impact Sprinkler is another top grosser on our list of top rated lawn sprinklers. The most attractive feature of this product is its strong brass body. Reportedly, this sprinkler is capable of watering in half time when compared to many of its counterparts.
- The brass and stainless-steel body of this product ensures that the product lasts for longer and is reliable.
- FP trip feature allows operation for all operating duration including long and short.
- Installation is extremely easy along with its usage as well.
- Strong structure and material
- Can be operated with ease
- Diameter can be adjusted
- Waters with consistency
- Works slow at times
10. Orbit 58322 Traveling Sprinkler – Mobility at its Best
If you want a sprinkler which uniformly waters your whole yard, then the Orbit 58322 Traveling Sprinkler is ideal for you. This sprinkler reaches 200 feet and it also comes with a shut off function.
It comes with three speeds namely low, high and neutral. The spray arms of the product extend between 15 to 50 ft. The equipment has a rust proof metal body which is perfect to keep the sprinkler balance and to make it durable. The highlight features of this product make it one of the best lawn sprinkler.
- The body of the sprinkler is made from iron which ensures durability and makes it rust proof.
- The sprinkler covers 13500 sq. ft. which is quite huge and up to 55 diameters of range.
- The lawn sprinkler has three speeds namely low, neutral and high.
- The design of the machine is heavy duty
- Does not require too much water pressure
- Capable of travelling long distances
- Solid sprinkling capability
- Distributes water evenly
- Metal gears needs to be handled with care or they can go missing.
- Lawn Fertilizer Reviews for Green Grass
- Riding Lawn Mower for the Money
- 10 Best Weed Eaters reviews
- 11 Best Zero Turn Mowers for the Money
How to Buy a Lawn Sprinkler
When you decide that you need to buy a lawn sprinkler, the next step is to answer these questions to understand what you need.
- Do you require a sprinkler to water an area of your garden or your entire yard
- Size of your garden area
- How have you landscaped your garden i.e. in a curved or round shape
- Have you used different soils in different parts of your garden as they might have different watering needs
After you have answered these questions, decide upon the type of sprinkler you would like to purchase. We have listed the types and some of best lawn sprinklers in the guide below.
Types of Lawn Sprinkler
Lawn sprinklers can be classified according to two requirements namely the garden size and how it functions. Based on the first classification, there are 6 types namely stationary, automatic or in ground, oscillating, pulsating, travelling or rotary. According to the size of your garden, you can choose one of them.
Based on functionality, they can be classified as standing or spray sprinkling systems. Using this guidance, you can choose from our list of best lawn sprinklers according to your watering needs.
1. Stationary Sprinklers
Stationary Sprinklers are the most suitable for small sized gardens. It stays static in one place from which it tends to sprinkle water across the lawn depending on its capacity.
How to install in-ground sprinklers ?
Factors to be considered while purchasing a stationary sprinkler
- Stationary sprinklers like Naan Irrigator Large Round Specialty Sprinklers are pocket friendly
- Most suitable for lawns which are small
- The pressure is normal, and it does a decent job
- The coverage range varies according to the sprinkler holes on it
- Needs to be shifted manually as it can cause a pool of water if left at one place for too long
When Do You Need it?
- If you have a lawn that is small
- If your budget is less
2. Oscillated Sprinkler
Oscillating sprinklers are the most frequently purchased. It sprays water and rotates together thereby covering a larger area. The metal arm attached to it causes the oscillating movement.
Factors to be considered while purchasing an Oscillated sprinkler
- This is the best option if you have medium sized rectangular lawn
- The price depends on the quality of water sprayer
- They are a good choice for both low pressure and high pressure of water
- Can cause a problem if your garden is round or landscaped in a different shape.
When Do You Need it?
- If you have a rectangular and medium garden ranging between 1500 to 4000 sq. feet
3. Pulsating Lawn Sprinklers
This is one of the oldest and best lawn sprinklers. They cover round shaped lawns and they have two types namely rolling and spiked. Their mechanism causes a gush of water bursting across your lawn.
Factors to be considered while purchasing a Pulsating sprinkler
- Most suitable for rectangular lawns
- Come with a metal filter to prevent clogging
- Price range is reasonable
- It is not completely noiseless
When Do You Need it?
This sprinkler type can irrigate large areas. Therefore, if your garden ranges between 4000-7000 sq. feet, this is the best for you.
4. Rotary-type Lawn Sprinklers
As the name suggests, these sprinklers gush out water in a rotating manner. However, it can water curved and flat types of lawns with ease.
Factors to be considered while purchasing Rotating Sprinkler
- They have two categories such as shrub style and pos up
- They have gear driven types as well
- Available in all price ranges
- If your water pressure is low, this is perfect for you.
When do you need it?
- You require it when you have a huge lawn ranging between 5k to 7k feet
- If you want more pressure in comparison to what your garden has.
5. Traveling Lawn Sprinklers
This is one of best lawn sprinkler category as it eliminates the hassle of moving your sprinkler around. This travels across your garden and waters it uniformly.
- Comes with many speed controls
- Completely noiseless
- Easy to install and use
- Some models are expensive but enables hassle free watering which makes them worth the price.
When to choose a traveling sprinkler
- A traveling sprinkler is suitable for watering gigantic garden spaces and is also used commercially in huge parks and golf courses.
- Ideal for watering lawns which begin at 5000 sq. ft.
6. Automatic or Inground
Inground sprinklers are one of the best options if you want that irrigation system that you will never have to move and will water automatically.
- These sprinklers are can be installed easily and can function on a standalone basis and with a hose attached to them
- The downside of this sprinkler is that once placed, it cannot be moved which can be slightly restrictive for some users.
- These systems come in all budget types.
When do you need them?
You need these sprinklers when you require a fool proof system which will remain installed in your lawn and will water them efficiently. The Rain Bird 32ETI Automatic Sprinkler System is one such economical automatic sprinkler. Read review below
Troubleshooting Your Sprinkler
If you have installed your sprinkler connected it to your water connection and it is still not functioning, then following are the tips you can perform before getting professional help.
- Check all the controls including the extension cord, remote control, batteries or plugs to see if they are functioning properly
- The next biggest problem with sprinklers is that it clogs. Remove the hose to see if there is any clogging in the same. If that is working, then clean the valve and the adapter with a tube brush or air hose.
- If your sprinkler is not completing a circle, then check for any hindrances. The holes emitting water may have an obstruction. Another thing you can do is checking for any tight screws and springs that must be corrected as the sprinkler can hold the water inside if the screw is too tight.
Final Verdict: Best Lawn Sprinkler
Overall, if you are interested in keeping your surroundings green but do not have the time to water your plants, then a lawn sprinkler is a boon for you. From high end to budget and oscillating to automatic, we have mentioned sprinklers for all budgets and requirements.
While the Naan Sprinkler is the best budget buy, Rain Bird 32ETI Automatic Sprinkler System is one of the best lawn sprinkler in the automatic sprinkler category. However, if you wish to purchase a good oscillating sprinkler then look no further than GARDENA ZoomMaxx Oscillating Sprinkler. Depending on your needs, all you need to do is select a sprinkler that works for you and let them do the irrigation while you sit back and watch your garden flourish!