Oral saliva drug test results are instant and accurate. They can show the results of the drugs consumed within 5 minutes. But you may take much longer to know the results if you are doubtful in reading the oral saliva drug test results. This blog can help you read your saliva drug test results instantly.
How is the oral saliva drug test performed?
- The saliva testing kit comes with a swab or sponge contained in a test tube covered with a pouch.
- The tester will tear the pouch and separate the test tube from the sponge.
- The tester will put the sponge collector in your mouth, especially at the buccal cavity, and collect the swab.
- The tester will collect until the red line occurs in the saturation indicator.
- The tester will place the sponge inside the test tube with the control region and Testing region, close it tightly, and wait for 5 minutes to interpret the results.
Reading the results of the oral saliva drug test
It might take 3 minutes to get the results from the oral saliva drug testing kits. The Control Region and the Testing region are identified and interpreted to know the drug test results.
Negative result: If both the C region and the T region appear.
Positive result: Only the C region appears and not the T region.
False positives in your saliva drug test
There are sporadic chances that you might get false positives during your saliva drug test. The tester will not allow you to consume any food items or tablets 15 minutes before your drug test. But if you are taking prescription drugs or medications that might affect the saliva drug test, you have to inform your tester about your medications.
How to pass the oral saliva drug test?
If you are clean and do not consume drugs, it is effortless to pass. If you are a heavy smoker, forget about adulterating the sample, as the tester will accompany you throughout the collection and result.
Is the Oral saliva drug test accurate?
Yes. Oral drug test kits are 99% accurate and provide instant results, and many organizations and companies are replacing their standard urine drug tests with saliva testing. If you are an employer, ensure you get high-quality drug testing kits for testing your employees. If you are an employee or an individual about to face your drug test, test yourself with home-based oral saliva drug testing kits before approaching the original test.
Reading an oral drug test result is easy if you have followed our result interpreting process. It is best to keep yourself away from the drugs to face your oral saliva drug test confidently.