On the Internet, hundreds of companies offer different options for mattresses. But which one is right for you? Not only sleep but also health depends on it. Here’s what you need to pay attention to when choosing the best futon mattress.
The need to replace the mattress
First, you need to understand whether it is time to change your mattress. Maybe he stills fits? Here are the signs that indicate the need for replacement:
- You are uncomfortable sleeping: During sleep, experience discomfort due to the stiffness or softness of the mattress. Does your back hurt?
- The mattress has become uneven: springs stick out from it, or it is pushed in places.
- The mattress creaks: It’s Awkward for you to turn around, so you don’t wake others because of an unpleasant sound.
- The Mattress is dirty: There may develop harmful bacteria or dust mites that cause diseases.
- The mattress is over 15 years old: Using an old mattress can cause severe back pain due to loose springs damaged base.
If at least one of these signs applies to your mattress, then it is time to throw it out and buy a new one.
The role of the mattress on the bed
The mattress is designed to make sleep comfortable. It supports the body, allows the muscles to relax, and the body – to recover. Some mattresses have a prophylactic effect, others can treat diseases, and others are adapted to your body and help you sleep better.
Every day, the average person needs about 8 hours to sleep. This means that in bed, most people spend about a third of their lives. Therefore, it is important to choose a quality mattress on which it will be comfortable to sleep.
Without a mattress, you would have to sleep on the couch. And they are rarely of good quality. They are usually based on spring blocks and regular foam, which wear out quickly. Only a quality mattress will allow you to enjoy sleep every night.
Features of choosing a double mattress
A double mattress means that two people will sleep on it at the same time. Therefore, it is important to consider the individual characteristics of each. If this is not done, then there will be problems.
A hard mattress may be suitable for one person and a soft mattress for another. In this case, you can buy a mattress of medium hardness. It is advisable to lie down on it for at least 10-15 minutes. If this option does not fit, then you have to abandon the double mattress and buy two single ones that provide the size of the base of the bed. Be prepared for the fact that a joint is formed between the mattresses, which can cause inconvenience.
Types of double mattresses
Mattresses can be:
- Orthopedic (have a preventive or therapeutic effect);
- Spring (can withstand heavy loads);
- Spring less (can have up to 12 layers of various fillers);
- Combined (have a spring block and several more layers of various fillers);
- Bilateral (depending on the side may have a hard or soft surface);
- Non-standard forms (for example, for round beds).
The standard size of the mattress for a double bed is width – 180 cm, length – 200 cm. If you already have a bed base, then select a mattress for its parameters.
How much does a double bed mattress Cost
The cost of a mattress depends on many parameters: the type of mattress, size, filler, company, country of manufacture, and other characteristics. When choosing a mattress, many focus on the price. This is a mistake. You can buy an inexpensive mattress, but it will be uncomfortable to sleep on it. After a while, you still decide to buy another, but a good one.
For example, a Double Sleep mattress of the company Blue Sleep measuring 160 * 200 cm costs $300-$400, a model of 180 * 200 cm – $400- $500.
Factors to Consider
When choosing a mattress, essential parameters are:
- Type of mattress (spring, springless);
- Materials (you mustn’t be allergic to them);
- The degree of rigidity of the mattress: soft, medium-hard and hard (if you do not know which type is suitable for you, it is better to consult a specialist);
- A cover (it will be easier to take care of the mattress with it);
- Price (low indicates poor quality).
Before buying a mattress, try to lie on it for at least 10 minutes to understand how it suits you. Some companies may offer to experience the mattress for a long time. For example, Blue Sleep mattresses can be tested for 100 days.