Choosing a good, quality spin bike is like choosing food items in a buffay. You have so many options. You don’t know which one to select. We understand your overwhelming feelings.
We have compiled the best 10 spin bikes in 2019 in order to help you purchase and use a good equipment. Before knowing what this review guide is going to cover, we want to tell you a couple of things.
- This is not one of those top ten product review that is being put together mindlessly in a listical form.
- We have put together a big list of buyers guide questions, which is going to be useful for both beginners and experienced spin bike users. Why did we do this? Okay. There is a reason for compiling this review guide.
- We want to bring you the best of the best equipments that are available in the market.
- We don’t want you to be racing through the internet looking for the buyers guide questions regarding spin bike.
- We want you to use this guide as a resource list for purchasing and also clarifying your doubts regarding spin bikes.
Okay! What are we going to cover in this review guide?
- What is a spin bike?
- The top 10 spin bikes review.
- Advantages and disadvantages of having a particular model.
- Buyers guide questions.
- Final thoughts on spin bikes.
What is a spin bike?
A spin bike is an exercise equipment that is used for intense workout by the people of all ages, abilities, and gender. Spin bikes are generally used in gyms and fitness training centers. These machines provide you a full-body workout and help you to achieve your fitness goals. Also, working out in a spin bike engages most of your muscle groups and makes you healthier and fitter. Unlike other regular stationary bikes, this exercise equipment improves your cardio vascular health. Now that you’ve understood what exactly a spin bike means, shall we jump into reviewing each exercise equipment? Let’s go for a spin!
Best 11 spin bikes in 2019:
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike:
The Sunny Health & Fitness indoor cycling bike fits perfectly to your body proportions. This bike lets you make tweaks until the bike feels just right for you. The handlebars move up and down when you want to correct height while the leather padded seat moves front, back, and forward with a simple turn of a knob, allowing you to adjust in the middle of a workout. It is also equipped with a 40-pound chrome flywheel. The adjustments are quick and easy that leads you to focus on your workout more than correcting your exercise equipment. Once you start using it, you won’t stop loving and you will invariably recommend it to your friends and family! Its maximum weight capacity is 275-pounds.
Advantages of having the Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike:
- Premiere distributor of high-quality health and fitness spin bikes for over a decade.
- Exceptional durability.
- Smooth and reliable chain drive mechanism; Heavy duty crank system.
- Adjustable resistance system.
- 40 lb chromed solid flywheel for stability.
- Maximum User Weight is 275lbs.
Disadvantages of having the Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike:
- The toe straps are annoying.
- The brakes may squeak a bit after a while.
2. ProGear 100S Exercise Bike:
The ProGear 100S indoor cycling bike is the best choice for you if you are on a budget. Affordable doesn’t have to be minimal when it comes to counting the features of this spin bike. This machine is decked out with a 22-pound flywheel. It also has an LCD display that provides the much needed metrics like the calorie burn rate, speed, total distance covered, and the pulse rate thanks to the heart pulse sensors.
ProGear 100S Exercise Bike is constructed of strong and sturdy material. It is easy to assemble and can be quickly adjusted to the rider’s height.
Advantages of having the proGear 100S indoor cycling bike:
- Heart pulse sensors to measure your heart rate anytime.
- 250 pounds weight capacity.
- Has a 4 Way seat adjustment.
- LCD computer.
- Easy tension adjustment.
- Chain driven.
- Double direction pedaling.
Disadvantages of having the proGear 100S indoor cycling bike:
- The water bottle holder is too small and only holds slim bottles.
3. Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle:
Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle is a sleek model with great features. It is the best investment you can ever make on an exercise equipment. The spin bike is bluetooth enabled allowing it to pair with certain heart rate monitors. It also connects with BKOOL, a 3D virtual training system. Magnetic resistance provides smooth and whisper quiet ride, which is why it is a great choice for everybody. This is extremely well made and easy to assemble.
Advantages of having the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle:
- The M3i combines the durability of a commercial-quality.
- Smooth and Whisper Quiet ride.
- It comes with a Bluetooth-Enabled Computer.
- Has an LCD monitor.
Disadvantages of having the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle:
- The spin bike is pricy.
4. Bladez Fitness Master GS Indoor Cycle Trainer:
If you want a quality spin bike that offer the same features as the high end models, look no further than the Bladez Fitness Master GS Indoor Cycle Trainer. You can work out from the comfort of your home. It has a heavy flywheel that is 45 pounds and made of top down magnetic system, which will make you feel like you are on the road and not in your living room. You can move the seat forwards and backwards to create a custom fit for yourself. The LCD monitor will track your time and your calorie burn rate. But if you want a more accurate read, you can pair it with a polar heart rate monitor that will monitor your intensity. This spin bike is commendable for its solid construction, low sound volume, and overall great performance.
Advantages of having the Bladez Fitness Master GS Indoor Cycle Trainer:
- It has a super-heavy flywheel with top-down magnetic resistance.
- Gives you a smooth and whisper quiet riding.
- Has an LCD display.
- This bike is compatible with Polar heart rate monitors.
- A durable, reliable, attractive piece of fitness equipment.
Disadvantages of having the Bladez Fitness Master GS Indoor Cycle Trainer:
- Doesn’t have a magnetic braking system.
5. Spinning Spinner S1 Indoor Cycling Bike:
This indoor exercise equipment is best for beginners. If you are new to biking, the Spinning Spinner S1 Indoor Cycling Bike helps you get started. It has all the safety features a newbie would want, including no-slip handlebars with rubberized grips, a wide, padded saddle to keep riders balanced and comfortable and an emergency stop capability. The bike has a 31-pound flywheel and is made from powder-coated, rust-resistant steel, so it’s protected against sweat and other moisture. It is built well and it is perfect for new indoor cyclers. Even the professional cyclers say this bike has all the features for getting a solid workout.
Advantages of having the Spinning Spinner S1 Indoor Cycling Bike:
- Powder-Coated Steel Rust-resistant protects against sweat and moisture.
- Water Bottle Holder on frame
- 31lb Flywheel Spinning signature perimeter-weighted flywheel.
- Padded Saddle keeps you comfortable day after day.
- Easy Transport Wheels and Stabilizer Feet Wheels allow for easy portability and stabilizer feet eliminate shaking.
- Adjustable Resistance and Quick Stop Provides precise adjustments and quick stop ability.
Disadvantages of having the Spinning Spinner S1 Indoor Cycling Bike:
- This bike requires using the emergency brake to slow the flywheel; it does not operate like typical coaster brakes do.
6. Marcy Club Revolution Cycle Trainer:
If you want a spin bike equal to a health club quality that is lesser than the annual gym membership, you may have to think about buying the Marcy Club Revolution Cycle Trainer. The bike is made from durable steel and boasts a 40 pound flywheel and a basket cage pedals that prevents feet from slipping out. The adjustable handlebars and seat lets you position yourself exactly for a perfect ride. It is also sturdy and you can seamlessly move around your house with this bike.
Advantages of having the Marcy Club Revolution Cycle Trainer:
- It has a fully adjustable handlebars & seat.
- This bike is easily transportable.
- Road bike style saddle with chrome seat adjustment both vertically and horizontally.
- Easy to use resistance knob allows you to adjust the intensity of your ride.
- Has a water bottle holder.
Disadvantages of having the Marcy Club Revolution Cycle Trainer:
- The saddle is uncomfortable and you may have to invest in a gel seat cover.
7. Bladez Fitness Fusion GS II Indoor Cycle:
Bladez Fitness Fusion GS II Indoor Cycle is the perfect fit for your workout needs. This bike has a Belt-Driven Flywheel resistance that helps you to get a smooth and effective ride for yourself. It includes some great features that you can consider before buying this piece of exercise equipment. It has a built-in wheel which is great for portability.
Bladez Fitness Fusion GS II Indoor Cycle looks nice and it has a soft handlebars and a comfortable seat. It also has an LED monitor that tracks the basic information regarding the speed, and calorie burn rate of your workouts. Although this spin bike is pretty basic in nature, it is a great addition to your home gym.
Advantages of having the Bladez Fitness Fusion GS II Indoor Cycle:
- Has an LED monitor.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Smooth ride experience.
Disadvantages of having thee Bladez Fitness Fusion GS II Indoor Cycle:
- So basic and don’t have a good reputation as a brand.
- The seats are uncomfortable.
8. Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike with Pulse rate monitor:
Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike with Pulse rate monitor is a great spin bike for small apartments. This folding, magnetic, upright bike is excellent in providing high class workout experience. Easily fold it up and move it to the closet or behind the door and it weighs less than 50 pounds. It has 8 levels of resistance and it features an LED monitor. The large LED monitor is easy to read and use something that even the high end bike models won’t do it. Overall, Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike with Pulse rate monitor has a sturdy construction and adjustable which is why it is very comfortable for many of its users. It is the best budget spin bike and it can move from one ride setting to another. The maximum user weight capacity is 300 pounds.
Advantages of having the Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike with Pulse rate monitor:
- Has an LED display.
- Can be easily folded and rolled away when you finish exercising.
- Sturdy construction and adjustable, which provides comfort.
- Maximum user weight capacity is 300 pounds.
- Has a ‘high torque’ 3 piece crank system, magnetic resistance, heart pulse monitoring and a ‘double drive’ transmission system.
Disadvantages of having the Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike with Pulse rate monitor:
- Mileage on the console resets to 0.0 after 999.9 miles.
- HUGE proprietary seat, which can’t be swapped out for a standard seat or saddle.
- Not durable for more than light to medium intensity rides, a few times per week.
- The 9/16ths pedals are cheap pre-molded plastic.
- Cheap rubber pedal straps.
9. Sole Fitness SB700:
If you are looking for a spin bike that is low priced and stacked with good features, the Sole Fitness SB700 is truly your best choice. The bike has a 48lbs flywheel and a button to smoothly regulate the resistance. The pedals are made of high quality material, making your cycling experience a pleasant one to remember. Also, this bike has an LCD display. This console helps keep track of the activities done and other metric measurements like the time used, the calories burned, the speed and others. The maximum user weight that this machine can handle is 350 pounds.
Advantages of having the Sole Fitness SB700:
- The bike is durable.
- It has transport wheels as well as a water bottle holder.
- The equipment has a 3 years warranty on the parts, a lifetime warranty on the frame and 1-year warranty on the labor.
- Has an LCD display.
Disadvantages of having the Sole Fitness SB700:
- Average customer support.
- Assembling the parts is little difficult.
- the brake pads need to be changed every three to four months.
10. Fitleader FS1:
The Fitleader FS1’s resistance and the silent features give you the feel of riding on the road without actually making much noise. It has a flywheel and a heavy-duty crank system. It also has the transport wheels that help to easily move this equipment from one place to another. The Fitleader FS1 has a silent feature in its mechanical chain drive. The bike has an 8 level resistance system and can be manipulated by the user as per his/her needs. This spin bike has the duel action safety brake that ensures no injury to you while you workout. This equipment also has an elegant features of a spin bike such as adjustable handlebars and fully padded seat.
Advantages of having the Fitleader FS1:
- It is suitable for the people up to six feet in height.
- It comes with magnetic resistance.
- The seat is fully adjustable.
- It has a dual water bottle holder.
Disadvantages of having the Fitleader FS1:
- The handlebar can only be adjustable vertically.
11. Diamondback Fitness 510Ic:
The Diamondback Fitness 510Ic is an ultimate choice for those who need to have a specially designed for indoor workout. This bike has a adjustable seat height feature which is a beneficial factor for everybody. It also has an electronic display system. The whisper quiet workout is one of the exciting feature of this bike.
The Diamondback Fitness 510Ic has a magnetic flywheel mechanism that makes the resistance extremely natural and realistic. This exercise equipment is extremely durable and tough. There are no risks attached with this bike. The maximum user weight capacity is 3000 pounds.
Advantages of having the Diamondback Fitness 510Ic:
- Has a 16 resistance setting.
- Has a 14 preset workout training programs to choose from.
- It has an LCD display.
- Ultra sensitive heart rate monitor to track your heart rate count.
Disadvantages of having the Diamondback Fitness 510Ic:
- Has a week electric motor.
1. What to Look for in an Indoor Cycling Bike?
There are several things you must take into account when you want to purchase a spin bike for your daily workouts. The first thing you must consider is, its price. The price can vary according to the brand. Generally, it’s true that you get what you pay for, but there are good and solid bikes that are inexpensive and make your ride a pleasant one. You should consider what you want in a spin bike and don’t get blinded by all the fancy bells and whistles.
You need a bike that is comfortable and can be easily adjusted to your proportions. You must see the bike’s seat comfort level as some seats are padded than others, and the last thing you want is saddle soreness.
Do you love the indoor cycling class atmosphere, or just want a basic riding experience? There is a bike for each style. You have to take note of the features before buying a spin bike for yourself. Most experts agree that you want a bike with a flywheel, but beyond that, there are those that offer a variety of options including motivational videos, training systems, and more. Also, if you want a quieter bike, look for the one which makes less noise.
2. What customization features are available in a spin bike?
There are several customizable features available in a spin bike. The degree to which you are able to make the device conform to your body is what separates a good exercise equipment from a great one. The best indoor spin bikes are highly adjustable. Handlebars, seat’s position, seat height, etc should all be adjustable. This helps to create a comfortable and positive exercising experience which makes it more likely that you want to come back for more and achieve your fitness goals.
3. What is a resistance function in a spin bike?
Resistance is a key feature of a spin bike. You don’t want to pedal the whole workout session without being able to change the difficulty level. With the resistance function, you can adjust the resistance level in order to give yourself a tougher or an easier workout. You can also adjust the resistance throughout your workout to vary the intensity, or to ramp up and cool down. The actual resistance mechanism (knob, lever, etc.) varies between spin bike models.
4. Why is a flywheel consideration is important for a spin bike?
All great spin bike models consists feature heavy flywheel that helps to simulate the ride of a real road bike. The momentum of a heavier flywheel helps to keep the bike steady and securely weighted down as it spins while you are in a middle of a heavy workout.
Example of a spin bike which has a heavy flywheel is the Spinner Fit Spin Bike which features a 31 lb heavier flywheel.
5. Why are adjustable handlebars important in a spin bike?
These days, most spin bikes come with racing style handlebars, but the important thing to note here is that they are adjustable. As long as the adjustment of a spin bike’s handlebar is well made, you can have as many options as possible to get a comfortable ride.
6. Why are adjustable pedals Important in a spin bike?
If the bike has the adjustable pedals, it’ll be lot easier for your feet as well as for your legs while cycling. It makes your workout a comfortable experience.
7. Why is adjustable seat position important in a spin bike?
Seat position can make or break your comfortable workout experience. Everybody’s body proportions are different, and the distance between the seat and the pedals determine your comfort level when you ride your spin bike. Virtually every spin bike released has this feature. The seats can be adjustable multiple directions including front and back, and up and down. This allows for greater customization.
8. Why is water bottle holder important in a spin bike?
It is obvious. You need to be well hydrated during your workout sessions.
9. What is user weight capacity in a spin bike?
This is how much user weight a spin bike can handle. Most good can accommodate up to 275 pounds.
10. What are the benefits of using a spin bike?
Spinning and cycling is a low-impact exercise. It is not going to be tough on your joints. These exercise are an incredible way to build your muscle’s strength, lose weight, and helps immensely to improve your cardio vascular health. You can work out in a safe and controlled manner with the help of a spin bike.
11. How does a spin bike help to burn extra calories in my body?
As far as weight lose is concerned, you will burn up to a 1500 calories depending upon your workout duration, intensity, and your fitness level. Also, spin bike workout increases your metabolism.
12. How does spin bike give me a full-body workout?
Spin bikes can give you a full-body workout which you may not have considered until now. Holding yourself up and gripping the handles works your back, arms, shoulders, and abdominal muscles to varying degrees. That’s right, it’s not just your legs that are getting the much needed benefit!
13. What material should a spin bike be made of?
One of the important thing to consider is the material quality of a spin bike. This is mainly because variety of materials is being used to make a spin bike. Not only the material affects the weight of the bike, it will play a key role in the quality and the life of the equipment. This will add or takeaway the convenience level of your exercise equipment.
14. What is the difference between a spin bike and an upright or recumbent bike?
The spin bike designed much like a road bike. It is meant for extreme cardio exercises or high intensity interval training. This means the seat isn’t as comfortable and the ergonomics of the bike are made for the standing and sitting routines of spinning. The spin bike is also referred as an upright, but they have key differences.
An upright bike is specially designed for exercising while sitting. This makes the seat usually more comfortable than a spin bike. The recumbent bike is designed for the people with limited mobility to get their much needed exercise.
15. Is a spin bike ideal for seniors?
If you are a senior and you are really fit, the spin bike is the best choice for your fitness needs. But you are senior and you are just starting out in fitness exercising, then an upright or a recumbent bike is a good choice to start. You can always advance to the highest cardio such as a spin bike a little later.
17. What kind of maintenance does a spin bike require?
It is a good practice to wipe down after each workout session. This helps to reduce the risk of deteriorating your bike from dust and moisture accumulation. Also you need to give your bike a full checkup every once in a while to make sure that everything is tight and secure. Make sure your foot straps and pedals are tightly fastened. Overtime, these may loosen up with overuse. Lubricating the moving parts of your bike will extend its life immensely. Other than that, these equipments need little maintenance which makes it a perfect fit for your home gym.
18. Q: Why do most spin bikes not come with a computerized console?
While most upright and incumbent bikes come with computerized console that gives your heart rate, your speed, and calorie burn rate, the people who use spin bike don’t need them and very rarely use it. Focusing on proper body mechanics, your strength and speed, and staying in control of your workout is more important than those statistics. A spin bike is specifically designed for high intensity interval training workout.
19. Can you provide tips for beginner spin bike users?
Instead of stuffing a beginner with information, I’ll give them some essential things that they must keep in mind the next time they purchase a spin bike. Here they are.
- As a beginner, they must know the correct form of using the spin bike.
- After knowing the correct form, they should compete with themselves to get a high intensity workout.
- They should use the resistance feature wisely.
- Also, they should invest in a good spin bike.
Final thoughts on spin bikes:
Now, you have an excellent idea of a spin bike. We have given you the features that you need to consider before purchasing a great equipment which is going to give you long lasting benefits. We have equipped you with knowledge. Now it’s the right time to apply the knowledge and select a best spin bike for yourself.
Overall, you are going to get a high intensity workout using your spin bike. A quality bike is comfortable, adjustable, offers plenty of challenging resistance, durable, and portable. We hope that this guide is helpful in many ways. Happy spinning! Bye for now!
- Top 11 Best Rowing Machine reviews
- List of Best 11 Triathlon Watches
- 10 Best Bike Locks review & buyers Guide
- 13 Best Wireless Earbuds for Running & Sports
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!