You love your yard. You take pride on projecting it neat and tidy. To do that, you need to have the best hedge trimmer.
If you try to do the job of manually trimming your hedge with hedge clippers, it will take forever to complete. A power tool like the hedge trimmer will finish the task a lot quicker, and you even find that you like the results. With the right trimmer, you will be able to shape the hedges and shrubs exactly the way you want them to be.
And your arms and back won’t ache the next day because of the tedious clipping work.
In order to give you the best products, we’ve reviewed dozens of hedge trimmers to identify the really good ones that will be featured in our review list. We’ve tested them on the basis of power source, blade length, and cutting capacity, to provide the best of the best list of products. We believe that you will enjoy our reviews as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you.
Without further ado, let’s start reviewing!
Comparison table: best 11 hedge trimmer
|Product name||Power source||Best for||Check price|
|BLACK+DECKER BEHT100 Hedge Trimmer||Electric power||People on a budget||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER LHT2220B Cordless Hedge Trimmer||Battery powered||Cordless usage||Check Price|
|Poulan Pro Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer||Gassoline||Big trimming jobs||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER BEHT350 Electric Hedge Trimmer||Electric||Long time use||Check Price|
|DEWALT 20V Max Hedge Trimmer||Electric||Smaller trimming tasks||Check Price|
|WORX WG261 20V Power Share Cordless Hedge Trimmer||Battery powered||Bigger trimming tasks||Check Price|
|Ryobi RHT36C60R15 Hedge Trimmer||Battery powered||accurate trimming||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer||Battery powered||taller hedges||Check Price|
|The Sun Joe HJ22HTE Hedge Trimmer||Electric||smaller trimming work||Check Price|
|Echo HC-152 20” Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer||Gassoline||Powerful trimming work||Check Price|
|Greenworks PRO 24-Inch 80V Cordless Hedge Trimmer||Battery powered||Bigger trimming tasks||Check Price|
Best hedge trimmer reviews:
1. BLACK+DECKER BEHT100 Hedge Trimmer, best budget hedge trimmer:
Starting our list is the Black+Decker hedge trimmer which is budget friendly. This is a great news if you are currently in a tight budget. Although it is affordably priced, it won’t lack all the standard and necessary features of a hedge trimmer.
You can keep a really good looking hedges and perfectly groomed shrubs with this trimmer. But, don’t consider this to have everything that your expensive model has in terms of features. Yet, this equipment does its job efficiently.
This machine weighs in under 5 pounds which is super lightweight, and that is a great feature to have when we think about its ease of use.
It consists a duel action blade that dramatically reduces vibration than the single blade models. It also has a 3.0 amp motor that can complete smaller jobs with ease.
To make the blade run, you don’t have to do anything other than holding down the trigger at the top of the tool.
The cutting capacity of this trimmer is 5/8. This isn’t going to be enough if you have a thicker hedge, but it is a strong equipment to snip most of the branches. A built-in T-handle gives you amazing control when you use this device.
One thing you must note here is that you need to have an external cord to use this trimmer. The trimmer does not include one which will be a slight disadvantage with this machine. As we’ve mentioned earlier, the duel action hardened steel blade and the 3.0amp motor gives it a greater stability and reduced vibration.
Above all, it is powered by electric and the cord retention technology prevents it from coming unplugged.
So, if you are looking for a hedge trimmer that comes under your budget without compromising quality, does the job effectively and has all the basic features, then this is going to be the right choice for you.
- Comes with a duel action hardened steel blade that reduces vibration.
- Has a 3.0amp motor.
- Cutting capacity is 5/8.
- The in-built T-handle provides extra control when using it.
- Cutting capacity is lower than its competitors.
2. Poulan Pro Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer, best gas powered hedge trimmer:
If you are looking for a quality gas powered hedge trimmer that is reliably powerful and performs exceedingly well, then you need to have a closer look at this device for sure.
As we’ve just said, its reliable power makes it an attractive product for most customers. Also, if you have a dense shrubbery to take care of or you want to make your yard a great looking one, the Poulan Pro Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer will help you to achieve both those purposes. Like the battery powered hedge trimmers, the gas powered hedge trimmers won’t require you to fix it to an electrical outlet. This will be helpful to maintain the areas where it won’t be possible to run an external cord.
Unlike their battery powered counterparts, these gas powered hedge trimmers will have a significant advantage. You don’t have to charge them, and instead, add more fuel and you are good to go again. Also, the gas powered hedge trimmers are much more powerful than the battery powered and electric powered hedge trimmers.
The duel action stainless steel blades are 22-inch long and can cut a branch up to 1-inch thick. The handle of this hedge trimmer rotates for experiencing excellent maneuverability and its padded for added comfort. Also this trimmer is equipped with vibration dampeners.
One thing you should always note with the gas powered trimmers is that they are heavier than all of their competitors. Yes. You’ve read it right, they are heavier.
This is a common drawback of gas powered hedge trimmers. But, if you only want a lightweight equipment, then you should always go for a battery powered hedge trimmer. Otherwise, opt for a gas powered machine and it will reduce your trimming time considerably.
- Comes with a duel action stainless steel blade.
- Equipped with 23cc 2-cycle full crank engine.
- 1-inch thick cutting capacity.
- Rotating back handle for extra comfort.
- Anti-vibration technology used.
- Heavier than all of its competitors
3. BLACK+DECKER BEHT350 Electric Hedge Trimmer, best electric hedge trimmer:
Black+Decker makes a whole lot of hedge trimmers. But, there is so much to ;love about the BEHT200. This isn’t an expensive trimmer. In fact, it is the second cheaply priced model that gets a place in our review list.
This doesn’t mean that it lacks in all the good features that you can find with a high-priced model. It has a powerful 3.5 amp motor and the performance is seriously reliable. It has enough oomph to support the trimmer to cut through 5/8 inches thick of branches. Also, it can manage an occasional stab with a harder and thicker stem too, but we don’t recommend that.
At 18-inches in length, the cutting blade isn’t the longest one. If you have a tall hedge to trim or a deep shrubs to work with, you should always prefer bigger trimmer.
Still, one of the important thing to note here with this hedge trimmer is that it is a lightweight device, and it weighs in about 4 and a half pounds. So, you don’t have to use a large portions of your hand muscles to operate and carry it around comfortably.
There is a rap around the handle which will help you to hold the machine while cutting and maneuvering. The blade edges are made of duel action hardened steel. This’ll reduce vibration dramatically.
This is a plug-in type model,, so make sure that the package includes a cord. It is bright orange which will make your job a lot easier. There is a cord retention loop to avoid you pulling too hard and unplugging it by accident.
One of the advantages of having a corded design is that you won’t have to remember to charge the battery.
There won’t be any difference in power, no matter how long you use it for.
The only negative that we can attribute to this model is its user manual. It is full of cautionary notices and doesn’t include important information on parts and maintenance as we’ve expected it to be. It is good to be safe, and the Black+Decker should include some more info on those above mentioned critical factors as well in the upcoming models.
All in all, a decent trimmer at a competitive price. Don’t choose it if you have a tall hedge to tackle.
- Lightweight model.
- Comfortable to use.
- Enough power to handle 5/8th of an inch thicker branch.
- Cord retention loop to avoid accidental unplugging.
- The user manual can be more detail oriented.
4. DEWALT 20V Max Hedge Trimmer, best hedge trimmer to buy:
If you want to have a really, really high-quality hedge trimmer that truly stands out from the rest of its competitors, then you should have a look at the DEWALT 20V Max. It is the cream of the crop of cordless hedge trimmers. As it is the case, you have to pay a premium price to purchase it.
The blades in this machine is made of hardened steel. They are 22-inch long and the hooked tooth design gives you clean cut. The blades are pretty sharp as well.
If you want to tackle a sturdier foliage, this is seriously the trimmer to look for. It can cut through branches up to 3 quarters of an inch thick. Also, there is a good scabbard to protect the blades when they are not in action.
This equipment is powered by the high capacity 5Ah lithium ion battery and it isn’t included with the package. So, when you want to purchase this machine, make sure to include the cost of getting the battery separately to your budget.
This will increase the total price of the trimmer significantly but here’s a solution to that problem. This is one of DeWalt’s 20VMAX range of tools. So, if you already have a 20V battery for another tool in the range, you can use that here.
The battery charges faster and it will take under an hour to fully get charged. After that, you’ll get well over an hour of power.
But some of its users complained about its durability. Some people had issues with the battery holding its charge after repeated use. These battery issues seem to relate to quality control. This problem didn’t occur at all equipments.
This trimmer comes with three years of warranty. It’ll allow you to be on the safer side if anything happens in that period. It weighs only 7.5 pounds and this doesn’t feel heavier.
It is easy to use and maneuver. There’s a safety trigger available and it is pretty easy to use as well.
You can even operate the equipment one handed if you want to trim at height, but take care if you do.
If you are a fan of DeWalt tools and already have others in your home, then this is going to be the next in your shopping agenda for sure.
- Hooked tooth design cuts through tough branches cleanly.
- Lightweight than many battery powered machines.
- The battery charges faster than all the other battery powered trimmers.
- Comfortable to use and maneuver.
- Too expensive model.
5. WORX WG261 20V Power Share Cordless Hedge Trimmer, best high performance hedge trimmer:
Whether you are looking for a compact hedge trimmer that is easy to use, or a trimmer that feels lighter and easy to maneuver in the tough to reach areas, the nifty little device from WORX covers you in both fronts.
Its cutting blade is 22-inch long and it can handle tall hedges with absolute ease. As we’ve mentioned earlier, its powerful and easy to maneuver.
The duel action blades can move forwards and backwards simultaneously. This will give you a clean cut with low vibration. That makes it a very attractive product for its customers and comfortable to use for its users too.
It only weighs 5 pounds. So, you can operate without breaking a sweat. It can cut through branches up to three quarters of an inch thick without having to stop multiple times. That’s an impressive cut capacity especially in a cordless hedge trimmer.
The handle is D-shaped which will make it easy for you to angle the blade to trim the tops and the sides of the shrubs. It also has a comfortable grip that won’t bight into your hands.
Like DeWalt, you can interchange batteries. WORX makes a lot of 20v battery powered equipments starting from drills to leaf blowers.
You have to assemble some parts of this equipment. Don’t worry, it’ll not take more than five minutes. It’s simple enough.
Just put together the safety guard and the front handle, and you are good to go.
One area we would like to see improved is the battery indicators. The battery charges fast and it lasts for a long time. But there is no indicator to notify whether the battery is fully charged or how much power is left in the battery. May be they will include this feature in the coming versions.
All in all, it is a powerful little trimmer in an affordable price range.
- Can cut through branches up to 3 quarters of an inch thick.
- Lightweight and comfortable to use model.
- D-shaped handle for easy maneuverability.
- Low vibration makes it an ideal equipment for cutting a lot thicker branches.
- Battery indicators can be improved.
6. Ryobi RHT36C60R15 Hedge Trimmer, best high-functional hedge trimmer:
The Ryobi RHT36C60R15 Hedge Trimmer is pretty well designed with good functionalities. There is a lot to like about this product.
Among the trimmers we’ve reviewed so far, this device is the only one which has a hedge sweep. This is particularly helpful to clear away the clippings from the branches when you trim your hedge. It works really well than we actually expected it to be.
If you are trimming your hedge from the top, the hedge sweep function can be maximized to the fullest. So, when used correctly, you can clean the top of your hedge with ultimate ease.
Another strength of this machine is that you can adjust the handle in both 45degrees and 90degrees. However, it won’t help you to fine cut the hedge in the way you want it to be. Even the fine cut mode won’t make much of a difference.
Still, the ergonomics is appreciably good. The trimmer has a rubberised handle that gives you a comfortable grip. It is also extremely well balanced as well.
The Ryobi RHT36C60R15 performs exceedingly well. It can cut branches up to 1.5cm in diameter, which can cover most hedges. Don’t use it for more thicker branches. Sometimes it tends to tear at them, and other times, it simply won’t cope with it.
The unfortunate thing with this machine is that the battery life is way too short. You have to purchase a separate battery of at least 2Ah, so that if its necessary, you can swap between the two. This means the price tag increases quite a bit and that is obvious.
But there is an advantage of having this device. This equipment belongs to the Ryobi’s one plus system, which means that it’ll allow you to share the battery with all of the other 36volt machines in the same group.
The battery indicator, which is very clearly visible to its users, gets a thumbs up from our side. We also appreciate the hand guard as it is made from transparent plastic and gives you an excellent overview of the bar. The scabbard is made of hard plastic and it protects the blades when they are not in action. But, we want to see drastic improvements in the safety features of this machine.
One of them is adding a child lock. The equipment is very easy to start, so you need to remove the battery after every single use if you have children at home.
It consists a long bar than the rest. What it does is it allows you to cut and trim even slightly wider hedges. The machine is user friendly and if you make sure that you purchase an extra battery, you’ll get more value out of it.
All in all, the Ryobi RHT36C60R15 is a valuable asset to have in your home for sure.
- Consists a hedge sweep.
- The ergonomics is good.
- Machine is well balanced.
- Good for normal sized hedges.
- Battery life is too short.
7. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, best easy to operate hedge trimmer:
Next in our list is the BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer. It is a lightweight tool that is easy to use. The battery charges quickly and it is a great cordless alternative yard maintenance tool than the other 40v models currently available in the market.
You can use it for both quick trims and professional gardening jobs. If you plan to use it in your home, that’s a great decision. Because, to maintain your yard clean and attractive, you need a powerful machine. And this equipment serves both homeowners and professional gardeners to complete their yard work effectively and efficiently.
Also, this hedge trimmer is environment friendly, so no harm to you and your neighbours!
This machine is battery operated and you don’t have to worry about electric cords or power outlets. You can maneuver your hedge easily without any limitation. We’ve tested it on different plants and conducted some tests to check out how well it fared.
We’ve also considered whether the blades provided clean cut and how well the battery lasted during prolonged and stop and go use. Here are the results.
It features a 24-inch duel action blades that produces less vibration when trimming than the single blade models. But, this trimmer is louder and less smooth. Still that didn’t affect its ability to cut branches efficiently.
It is really powerful and delivers a much cleaner trim. The battery lasts for an hour.
And if you maintain your garden regularly, then the timing won’t be a problem to you. It has an easy to grab handle and that gives you comfort when you happen to use it for a long time and trim from different angles.
It weighs only 7 pounds and if you want to trim high, you can do it easily. The blades are made of stainless steel and it stays sharper for a long time. The blades are durable and capable of cutting branches up to an half inch thicker.
The trimmer also comes with a battery indicator, and it indicates different positions of charge with different colour lights. The battery installation is super easy as well.
Finally, if you already have a Black+Decker 40V equipment in your home, you can interchange its battery.
It’s an efficient trimmer at a great price!
- Powered by 40V lithium ion battery.
- Half an inch thicker branch cutting capacity.
- Has a 24-inch blade length.
- The battery charges fast.
- The blades are made of stainless steel.
- A little louder than its competitor models.
8. The Sun Joe HJ22HTE Hedge Trimmer, best lightweight hedge trimmer:
If you ever want a lightweight hedge trimmer that won’t tire out your arms after using it for a smaller amount of time, then you should check out the Sun Joe HJ22HTE Hedge Trimmer.
It can be used for your daily trimming and garden maintenance work. Although it isn’t a powerful electric hedge trimmer out there, you can use it to do the regular trimming work with efficiency.
When you use power tools, safety is utmost important. That way, the Sun Joe is an absolutely safe equipment. It has three safety features that will prevent blade related accidents from happening. Let’s look at them one by one.
- It has a safety guard that won’t let your hands get anywhere near the blade.
- It comes with a duel handed safety switch, so your machine won’t start accidentally.
- You can expect to get a blade cover.
With these features, you won’t have to worry about safety anymore. It only weighs 5 pounds. Hence, it fulfils the promise of being a lightweight equipment. It also has a 22-inch stainless steel duel action blades for longer reach.
These blades can run backwards and forwards simultaneously, thus increasing its cutting efficiency. Since it is an electric hedge trimmer, you don’t have to worry about the toxic fume created by gas trimmers.
True to its word, the Sun Joe is equipped with limited power. The cutting capacity is also pretty low. But the thing that attracted us to this product is its lightweight nature. It won’t strain your hands easily.
It is easy to use and maintain.
So, if you want to use this trimmer for lighter tasks, then it will do its job efficiently. But if you have large hedge, we are sure that there are so many good brands available.
- Comfortable to carry around.
- Easy to use and operate.
- Weighs only 5 pounds.
- Not an ideal equipment for heavier tasks.
9. Echo HC-152 20” Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer, best pro grade hedge trimmer:
The ECHO HC-152 20” Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer is a perfect model if you want to use it in a constraint filled area in your property. This is a pro grade tool and you will be able to cut through thicker branches with one pass itself. Even the stronger and thicker stems won’t be a problem for this machine.
It contains laser cut blades that provide extreme power with each pass. It has a 20 cutting edge and that’s the reason for its super reliable power.
When you work with stems, make sure that you take on one or two at the time. That way, the blades won’t loos its sharpness for a considerable amount of time. It weighs 12 pounds. And that is heavy. There’s no doubt about that.
But it has an ergonomically sound design with a wide front handle and a perfectly positioned rear handle. Also, it is surprisingly easy to move around thanks to its overall well-balanced design.
A safety shield will protect your leading hand from getting injured when you work with dense hedges.
This equipment is a perfect thing for tough jobs and tight spaces. You won’t be disappointed when you use this pro grade baby.
- Best for clearing out over grown areas and thicker shrubberies.
- High-quality cut capacity provided.
- The super ergonomic design makes it a perfect device for long jobs.
- The safety shield protects your leading hand from accidental injuries.
- Solid investment in a quality piece of outdoor gear.
- Too heavy at 12 pounds.
10. Greenworks PRO 24-Inch 80V Cordless Hedge Trimmer, best commercial grade hedge trimmer:
The Greenworks PRO 24-Inch 80V Cordless Hedge Trimmer is the best commercial grade trimmer that is currently available in the market. Since their inception into the market, they have been producing battery powered equipments. And they are of high-quality and well respected by its users.
From the beginning, they have been using modern lithium ion battery technology to good effect. This product has 24-inch blade length and it packs a lot of power. This means you can use for bigger and pro grade jobs as well.
Another feature that will be of immense help to you is its rotating handle. It seriously gives you some extra versatility to maneuver the blade for cutting and trimming efficiency. It also allows you to get into tight spots without any issue whatsoever.
The biggest gripe that we have for this machine is its weight. It weighs a whopping 12 pounds. So, if you have tall hedges to trim, you’ll find that it’s not an easy task to do.
But, all powerful equipments are a little bulky in nature, and this one is no exception.
If you want a tool that complete your hedge work literally in minutes, then this will be your best bet.
- Exceptional power.
- The battery charges faster than its rivals.
- The battery lifetime is really good.
- A well balanced equipment that is ergonomically designed.
- The 80V batteries are interchangeable.
- Heavier equipment and its pricy for people who are on a budget.
11. BLACK+DECKER LHT2220B Cordless Hedge Trimmer, best cordless hedge trimmer:
You seriously don’t have to worry about any extension cords and power sources when you use the Black+Decker LHT2220B cordless hedge trimmer. Because it is cordless, you can carry it wherever you go, and it’s easy to do it so due to its lightweight nature.
We are not a fan of trailing a cord after completing the cleaning work of our yard or our driveway. For this reason alone, we prefer cordless hedge trimmer over all the other available options.
Having said that, it is a low vibration equipment and it will be a great choice if you are looking for one with this specific feature. In fact, its manufacturers state that it vibrates 40% less than all the comparable single blade models.
With its lightweight model, a cushioned rap around the front handle, and the reduced vibration, it is a perfect equipment particularly to use for both short and long term trimming activities. Don’t worry, you don’t have to sacrifice function for comfort when you choose to purchase this hedge trimmer. The 22-inch steel blade can cut a branch up to 3/4 thick. Its users say that the battery stays strong for 40 to 60mins and each charge can trim up to 3000sqft of hedges.
This hedge trimmer can function with 20Vmax lithium ion battery and unfortunately, that isn’t included with the package. You have to get it separately. The manufacturers produce a whole lot of yard equipments that uses this kind of battery. So, if you have any tool from Black+Decker, it is good to see whether you have a compatible battery before buying a separate one for yourself.
- Duel action hardened steel blade for exceptional trimming.
- 40% less vibration than all the single blade models.
- Trims up to 3000sqft in a single charge.
- Cushioned rap around the front handle for extra comfort and control.
- Comes equipped with blade cover.
- Battery isn’t included with the package which will obviously increase its total price.
- 10 Best Riding Lawn Mower for the Money (Review & Guide)
- 10 Best Garden Hose (Review & Guide)
- 11 Best Two Stage Snow Blower under 1000$ on the market
- 10 Best Lawn Sprinkler (Review & Guide)
If you have a yard that has bushes, shrubs, or hedges, a hedge trimmer is a valuable investment to make. Every yard looks really good when its well groomed. And having a hedge trimmer and using it properly will go a long way in presenting an overall neat and tidy appearance. If you are doing the hedge trimming manually, you’ll be surprised how quickly you can get the job done with the help of a power tool.
So, in this buyers guide, we will have a closer look at what exactly you need to know in order to select a hedge trimmer that fulfils all of your needs. Let’s get started.
1. What are hedge trimmers and how do they work?
A hedge trimmer is a power tool used to trim and cut a hedge or a shrub. It contains a long blade and a motor or an engine that moves the blade. There are usually three power sources in which a hedge trimmer runs.
They are battery, gasoline, and electric power.
2. What are the important features to consider when you want to purchase a hedge trimmer?
You don’t have to own a big yard or you don’t need to have a passion towards landscaping to get the benefits of a hedge trimmer. Of course, it saves a lot of time if you have a large yard to take care of with such a tool, but there are other benefits to consider as well.
Firstly, using a power tool to clip your hedges instead of hand, produces a much cleaner cut and gives you professional looking results. This makes a massive difference on how well your house and yard looks from a distance. Also, using a hedge trimmer is less tiring. So, you will go out and maintain it on a regular basis.
Now that’s being said, a hedge trimmer should do several things well. Here’s what to consider as you choose the trimmer that’s right for you.
- Power source: usually, hedge trimmers mainly use three power sources. They are battery, gas, and electricity. As you know, each model has its pros and cons. The battery powered hedge trimmers are lightweight, easy to use, and simple to operate. But, they must be charged with each use, and the batteries won’t last long either to finish a big job. On the other hand, gas powered trimmers offer more power and still, they are too heavy. Gardening professionals and landscaping pros will often use gas power hedge trimmers. Electric hedge trimmers need an extension cord, so they are best to use near a power outlet. They are the least expensive of the three.
- Blade length: the blade length depends on how much reach you want. If you want to cut and trim a large hedge, or you want to reach difficult spots, then go for a blade length of at least 20-inch. But, if your hedges are fairly small and easy to reach, it is good to go with a shorter blade.
- Cutting capacity: you need to take a close and careful look at the hedges you want to trim. How thick are the branches? Make sure that the trimmer you choose is able to cut through the branches of that particular size. Generally, most hedge trimmers come with the cutting capacity of 3 4th of an inch. Some are less powerful than that and some gas powered trimmers can cut even more thicker branches.
- Weight: a 10 pound trimmer won’t feel heavier, but if you use it for an hour, it will feel pretty differently. So, go for the lightest trimmer that still can fulfil all your needs.
- Cord retention: if you are looking to purchase an electric hedge trimmer, get the one that has a mechanism called cord retention. This means the cord is being protected from accidentally coming unplugged. This will save you so much later.
- Safety features: some trimmers will have a switch that locks them on or off. Others won’t run if you don’t hold down a trigger or a button. The locking variety is easy to use, but the trimmer that automatically switches itself off is safe if you have kids or pets in your home.
- Accessories: some hedges need batteries, extension cords, charges that are sold separately. So, check before you buy.
- Vibration: the amount of vibration a hedge trimmer can make is not only draining on the body, but you will easily feel tired because your hand muscles have to compensate for the movement caused by the vibration, in order to hold the trimmer in place. For this important reason, you should look for a trimmer that’s equipped with reduced vibration technology.
3. How can you choose the right sized hedge trimmer?
Choose the size of a hedge trimmer based on the size of the hedge you want to trim. For a large hedge, you want to look for a trimmer with a blade size of at least 20-to 22-inch. For a small hedge, a blade size of under 20 will do the job efficiently.
4. What’s the safety gear you need to wear when using a hedge trimmer?
Hedge trimmer is a power tool, so it’s obvious that you use adequate safety gear when using it. First and foremost, wear protective eye glasses to shield you from getting injured by flying twigs and debris.
Work gloves and closed toe shoes are also necessary. Wear close fitting clothes while operating your hedge trimmer. And if you have long hair, pull them back. That way, it won’t get caught in the blade. Both these things are very, very important.
When you operate a noisy trimmer especially gas powered one, make sure that you wear hearing protection as well.
5. What are the types of hedge trimmers currently available in the market?
There are basically three types of hedge trimmers available in the market. They are corded, cordless, and gas powered.
Corded: electric hedge trimmers are powered by an external cord. So you have to plug it in and be very careful in using it. If you choose to buy an electric hedge trimmer, make sure that it comes with a cord retention technology that prevents the trimmer from accidentally coming unplugged.
Cordless: battery powered hedge trimmers are easy to use and lightweight to carry around. You need to charge them before you use them. Sometimes, they aren’t powerful, but, modern batteries give them plenty of power to cut even the thickest of branches.
Gas powered: this type of hedge trimmers are powered by gasoline and they provide more cutting capacity than the rest. The only negative about these trimmers is that they are heavier and feels quite uncomfortable to trim after a certain height.
6. How to maintain an electric hedge trimmer?
Here’s a video that gives you a quick overview of how to maintain an electric hedge trimmer.
7. How to use a hedge trimmer?
Here’s another video that clearly explains how to use a hedge trimmer.
Finding a perfect hedge trimmer that fulfils all your needs is hard. We don’t deny that. But, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Our review will help you to decide what exactly you want in a hedge trimmer and what is suitable to your particular situation.
So, use this review list as a resource guide to select the best hedge trimmer for yourself.
Want to include your thoughts for this list? Share them in the comments section below.
Hari is a freelance writer who writes exceptional product reviews. When he is not writing, he spends time with reading and listening to music.