The outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was declared a global pandemic in March 2020 by World Health Organization (WHO), an infectious disease-causing respiratory illness leading to hospitalization in some cases. Medical schools and institutions have played a very significant role in containing the spread of the virus.
Medical schools are effectively managing the patients, enrolled students, along with inviting applications for new batches. Caribbean medical schools blend the basic and clinical science and provide the student with hospital exposure to gain practical knowledge. Since basic sciences are an integral part of the medical curriculum exploring more about the basic science curriculum can prove to be beneficial for your medical career.
During the pandemic, the extreme pressure on medical professionals offered the advance year medical students to work in the wards, enabling them to use their learning to treat the patients. In the initial years of education, the curriculum integrates basic and clinical science, giving a solid base to students’ learning of the human body and understanding the disease.
To work in the medical field is a dream career for many aspiring academicians. The first step towards it is the filling up of the application form to start the admission process.
Using the technology for inviting applications is the next big thing to appreciate. Website designed in the most user-friendly interface brings all the necessary information at your fingertips with your queries answered by the chatbots in no time.
Well, anyway, all this leads me to tell you more about the 2022 application cycle. Read ahead to know about the complete process.
- Online Application form: Filling the application form with all the required information is the first step towards securing a seat.
- Application fees: An application fee is usually applied to proceed with the application. The amount can be paid online using debit and credit cards.
- Document submission: You must know about the documents required to fill an application form to avoid any delay. Some of the documents necessary are an Official transcript, a personal statement, resume, letter of recommendation, etc. Standardized examinations like the Medical College Admission Test(MCAT) and Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL)are required to fulfill the admission criteria.
- Mailing the Application Form: After completing the above processes, the application form, fee, and documents are sent to the University or college’s mail address provided on the website.
- Interview: A formal interview with the candidate organized by the admission committee is a flexible process that prioritizes students comfort. A video conference meeting or in-person meeting either works well in the demanded situation.
The medical field can shape your entire career by choosing an appropriate department from a vast range of specializations. Medical school applications are still falling in place even with the ongoing pandemic. Majorly the application processes do not require physical travelling, and lesser human contact makes it’s a seamless procedure.
Start your journey towards a rewarding medical career by learning from the best medical schools. Sign up now to know more about the courses!