Need thousands of apps?
You need a Mippin App Factory!
Mippin App Factory implementations deliver results
We work with the largest telecoms companies in the world to deliver quantitative results
Nokia App Wizard
- Award-winning App Factory implementation
- Fully managed service
- Delivered 1,200 apps
- Live across 11 European markets
- Delivered in 3 months to kickstart their app initiatives
Samsung Galaxy TAB
- Delivered portfolio of key apps for launch of the first Samsung Galaxy tablet in Europe
- Mippin-delivered apps are some of the most popular on the device
Nokia App Wizard case example
Nokia needed to rapidly increase the volume of apps in the Nokia Store, and in a way which differentiated its app store offering from the likes of Apple and Android.
Developers and publishers did not feel incentivized to build apps for Nokia devices.
- In developed markets, publishers and developers were focussing on Apple and Android.
- In developing markets, many publishers and developers were put off by the cost and complexity of building apps on any platform.
The Nokia App Wizard:
- The Nokia App Wizard is a simple-to-use online tool that allows any content owner to build an app for all Nokia devices in under 10 minutes.
- The solution provides a seamless way for publishers to get an app into the Nokia Store.
- Mippin built the solution as a customised implementation of the App Factory, fully integrated to Nokia's app publishing and operations functions.
- The tool automatically creates apps for all major Nokia platforms including MeeGo, Symbian Qt, S60 Web Run-Time, S40 (Java app), S40 (web app), and can also support Windows Phone 7/Mango.
- The website is available in 7 languages, and the apps can be built in over 50 lanuguages, including Russian, Chinese and Arabic.
- Thousands of major brand names and long-tail publishers have adopted the tool to build apps.
Vodafone MyWeb case example
With the launch of MyWeb, Vodafone needed to kickstart their app initiatives across Europe.
Despite having strong relationships with many content providers across Europe through their mobile portal activities, Vodafone didn't have access to a ready-made portfolio of apps.
MyWeb Gadgets and GadgetAssist:
- Mippin leveraged their extensive, multinational content catalogue to develop a portfolio of approximately 1,200 MyWeb Gadgets (apps) across 11 European markets.
- Mippin also implemented GadgetAssist, an internal Vodafone online service that allows local content/app store managers to build further MyWeb Gadgets in a matter of minutes.
- The whitelabelled solution was fully implemented to meet customer requirements in less than 3 months, start to finish.
- Mippin delivered 1,200 MyWeb Gadgets across 11 European languages.
- All 1,200 MyWeb Gadgets delivered support Vodafone's diverse range of handsets.
Samsung Galaxy TAB launch case example
Launch of the Samsung Galaxy TAB (7").
Samsung launched the Galaxy TAB (7") in Q4 2010, well before any tablet-enabled version of Android was available. They needed a portfolio of tablet-friendly Android apps to fill their App Store for the launch.
Customised Android tablet apps:
- Mippin already had a great deal of expertise in building Android apps, having won the Google Android Developer Challenge (Media Category) in late 2009.
- Given this expertise, and a selection of Android smartphone apps already in the Market, Mippin set to work to develop a customised UI, specifically optimised to the larger screen of the Galaxy TAB.
- Mippin delivered a portfolio of Android TAB apps for the launch of the device, and also followed this by making the same set of titles available in a customised Bada template for the launch of the WAVE devices.
- Nearly 12 months later, the Galaxy TAB apps continue to perform well in the SamsungApps app store.
- 2 Mippin-delivered apps are in the top 10 featured apps for the device.
- 3 Mippin-delivered apps are in the top 12 most popular news apps.