Germany’s drug market is known to be the fourth largest worldwide drug market and was valued a total of 29.6 billion Euros back in 2015.
The remaining top three drug market’s included United States, Japan and China. The industry of pharmaceutical companies in Germany employees a total of 140,000 with over 15% employees engaged in the R&D, where Germany invested Euro 5.2 billion into R&D in the year 2014.
The industry in Germany is characterized by different pharmaceutical sectors. These sectors include privately owned and/or medium-sized enterprises, large German subsidiaries of global corporates and other large German groups. The growth drivers such as increase and ageing of population along with the consumer spending index of Germany’s pharmaceutical market, has made it more attractive and reachable for the exporters, suppliers and investors working at bot regional and global scale.
The recorded growth of this market in 2016 was 19% while earning a sale of Euro 246 million throughout Germany at a total of almost 114 locations. While in 2016, the online sale rate of the pharmaceutical products manufactured by the Germany’s drug market continued with a 2-digit growth. And according the IMS Health, the online stores earned a 12% of the German OTC drug market from the total revenue rate.
The growth of drug sale rate in the drug store of Germany has been seen increasing with the drugs used for acute conditions like cancer, rheumatoid, arthritis and multiple other sclerosis. But other than these drugs, some other drugs that treat chronic conditions like cardiovascular diseases and diabetes are also produced; as well as preventive medicines. Although the pharmaceutical industry has been working forth the treatment and improvement of health conditions for promoting a better life since quite a while now, it has still been open and up to utilizes and innovate new and modern technologies. Such technologies are mainly added and researched on for improved efficiency of operations and treatments.
Furthermore let’s discuss the main suppliers and importers of pharmaceuticals to/from Germany.
- Switzerland: having a sale rate of 10,176.52 million Euros in 2015.
- The Netherlands: having a total sale rate of 7,615.16 million Euros in 2015.
- USA: having a total sale rate of 7,020.76 million Euros in 2015.
- France: having a total sale rate of 2,265.97 million Euros in 2015.
- Italy: having sale rate of 2,200.68 million Euros in 2015.
- USA: giving a sale rate of 13,488.87 in the year 2015.
- The Netherlands: giving a total sale rate of 8,215.95 in 2015.
- Great Britain: having a sale rate in 2015 of 7,099.58 million Euros.
- Switzerland: giving a 4,646.63 million euros sale rate in 2015
- France: giving a 3,663.20 million Euros sale rate in 2015.
Despite having one of the largest pharmaceutical marketplaces in the entire world, not every pharmaceutical company serves the title as a top revenue earning company in Germany. Instead, in a list of numerous pharmaceutical companies in Germany, there are some that make a list of top one’s having great sale revenue per year, while providing a variety of services and products that work forth the betterment of human lives. Hence, here’s a list of some such pharmaceutical companies in Germany below.
Top 30 Pharmaceutical Companies in Germany and their Business Types:
- 3B Pharmaceuticals – Berlin, Germany; have a business of peptides.
- 4-Antibdy (Agenus) – Jena, Germany; having a business of vaccines, biologics and adjuvants.
- 4SC-Discovery (4SC) – Planegg—Martinsried, Germany; having a business of drug discovering services.
- 4SC – Planegg—Martinsried, German; having a business of cancer small molecules and autoimmune.
- Abbott – Rangendingen, Germany; has a business of medical devices.
- Baxter – Hale, Germany; has a business of delivering medication.
- Bavarian Nordic – Berlin/Planegg, Germany; has a business of manufacturing and providing vaccines.
- Berlin – Chemie (Menarini) – Berlin, Germany; has a business of working on small molecules.
- Bicoll – Munich, Germany; has a business of discovering different kinds of drugs and synthesis.
- Biobase – Wolfenbuttel, Germany; has a business of working on biological databases.
- AbbVie – Wiesbaden, Germany; has a business of small molecules, biologics, diagnostics and devices.
- AbD Serotec (Morphosys) – Dusseldorf, Germany; having a business of Biologics.
- Abnova – Germany; has a business of providing innovations through integrated solutions.
- Accovion – Eschborn,, Germany; has a business of doing contract researches.
- Acendis Pharma – Heidelberg, Germany; has a business of providing prodrug therapies.
- Caprotec bioanalytics – Berlin, Germany; has a business of manufacturing protein isolation.
- Cardiac Dimensions – Offenbach, Germany; has a business of manufacturing different medical devices.
- Catalent – Schorndorf, Germany; has a business of manufacturing and implementing the dosage form development.
- CPL Sachse – Berlin, Germany; has a business of working on API chemistry and development.
- Cato Research – Cologne/Frankfurt, Germany; has a business of working on the research of Full-Service contract.
- Daiichi Sankyo – Munich, Germany; has a business of developing and researching on small molecules.
- Dasgip – Julich, Germany; has a business of manufacturing and working on parallel bioreactor systems
- Definiens – Munich, Germany; has a business that works on tissue imaging software.
- Dfine – Mannheim, Germany; has a business of producing therapies for spine fracture.
- DiaSys Diagnostic Systems – Holzheim, Germany; has a business of manufacturing diagnostic reagents.
- eBioscience (Affymetrix) – Frankfurt, Germany; has a business of manufacturing cell analysis products.
- Ecron Acunova – Frankfurt, Germany; has a business of working on clinical research.
- EKF Diagnostics – Magdeburg, Germany; has a business of working on various diagnostics.
- ElexoPharm – Saarbrucken, Germany; has a business of working and researching on preclinical contracts.
- Emergent BioSolutions – Planegg, Germany; has a business of manufacturing biologic vaccines.
Comment down your favorite Pharmaceutical Company.