Growing boobs keeping you from living life to the fullest? Is breast enlargement preventing you from wearing your favorite clothes? Are you feeling targeted for your women-like breasts? There’s some news for you, it’s completely treatable. Read this blog to know more about male breast enlargement, its causes and what to do about it.
What are Man boobs or Moobs?
Man boobs or moobs are other names that are commonly used to refer to the condition of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is the condition that men develop in which the breast tissue swells and enlarges than normal. The boobs in men can cause extreme discomfort and be a reason for social embarrassment.
In some people with gynecomastia, either one or both the breasts can enlarge resulting in an asymmetrical chest contour. Although it can affect men of any age, it is more prevalent amongst adolescent boys and older men.
Why Do They Develop?
Male boobs develop when the hormone balance between male and female hormones in the male body- estrogen and testosterone- disrupts due to several factors. It can get disrupted in two ways- either the estrogen level that controls female features such as breast enlargement increases or the testosterone that controls male traits such as body hair and muscle mass decreases. Some of the common factors that increase the likelihood of moobs developing are-
- Obesity that leads to fat accumulation on the chest
- Change in hormone levels due to puberty
- Lower production of testosterone due to old age
- Excessive drinking of alcohol
- Consuming plant-based estrogen rich foods
- Taking illegal drugs such as marijuana
- Using products made with essential oils such as lavender, tea tree oil
- Suffering from an infection in the testicles or lumps
- Taking drugs such as antidepressants, ethanol, aldosterone, digoxin, etc.
Exercises To Get Rid of Moobs
4 workout plans to incorporate in daily work out regime that can help in getting rid of male boobs-
- Dumbbell Goblet Box Squat- Take the end of the dumbbell in both hands and hold these in front of the chest with the elbows pointing down. Keep your back arched and hips backed out. Slowly bend the knees and squat with the heels. After a couple of seconds, stand up slowly with the heels pressed into the ground.
- Dumbbell 1 ½ Pushup- Start with keeping two dumbbells on the floor. Position yourself in such a way that you can do a push-up. Keep the hands on the dumbbells to get control and support, bend your elbows and slowly lower the body until the chest touches the ground. Wait for a couple of seconds and then pull yourself halfway up again such that the head to ankles remains absolutely straight.
Additionally, if possible go for chest-targeted exercises such as- bench presses, deadlifts, squats, push-ups, cable flys, planks, crossovers, etc. Also, before you start with targeted exercises, aim for cardio exercises such as running, walking, swimming, etc. for at least 20 minutes in a day.
Diet To Get Rid of Moobs
Consider changing the diet for a while to get rid of excess fat from the body. It’s best if you aim to lose around one to two pounds every week. Keep a journal with yourself to note down each and every food item that you consume. Give up eating food that are rich in calories and doesn’t have any nutritional value such as candy, any sugary drink or snack. Replace snacks with healthy fruits and vegetables that are loaded with nutrients, fluids and fiber. Some easy nutritious snacks are-
- Apple or banana of medium size
- A cup of blueberries
- A cup of grapes
- A cup of steamed beans
- A cup of bell peppers, carrots or cauliflower
Experts recommend that for next three months you include the following food items in your every day diet-
- Anti-inflammatory foods such as salmon, tuna, leafy greens, sweet potatoes, berries, citrus fruits and beans
- Nuts, raw milk, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, cocoa, spinach, oysters, salmon, lean beef, cashew as these are rich in zinc
- Vitamin D rich foods such as mushrooms, caviar, cereals, eggs, pork, daily products, trout, etc.
- Foods that are rich in healthy fats such as egg yolks, olives, coconut, pecans, almonds, butter, potatoes, coffee, etc.
Meanwhile, all the below-mentioned foods are a big no-no.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Processed and canned foods
- Soy products
- Packaged and deep-fried foods
- Sugary foods
How Long Does It Take For Moobs To Go Away?
The time male breast enlargement takes to subside depends on when it is developing. Moobs that develop during infancy due to the presence of estrogen from the mother generally go away within two to three weeks of birth. If gynecomastia develops in boys going through their puberty due to hormone changes, it subsides on its own within six months to two years. In case, it continues to stay even after that then it is recommended to consider a surgical procedure.
Surgical Method To Get Rid of Moobs
When male boobs sustain even after making proper lifestyle modifications, patients should consider a surgical option. After a thorough diagnosis of the problem, doctors suggest undergoing a liposuction followed by gland excision surgery. Both the procedures are performed under the influence of anesthesia which means these are pain-free.
- VASER liposuction- In this type of procedure, the doctor makes incisions and cuts and inserts probes that emit ultrasound waves to break fat cells. This ensures fast recovery and gets rid of fat cells permanently.
- Gland excision surgery- In this type of surgery, the doctor removes excess tissue from the chest and ensures flat chest and cures the puffiness of the breasts.
Male boobs or moobs is a common condition that can cause extreme embarrassment. When this condition develops at a tender age, it can cause some serious impact on their personality development. Hence, it is important to get in touch with a doctor for a proper treatment without any delay. There are several doctors and clinics where you can opt for gynecomastia treatment in Delhi. Consult with them at the earliest if you have fallen prey to the condition of male boobs.