The ruthless transmission of SARS-CoV-2 throughout the world has exerted enormous strain on healthcare professionals. Besides, there are no vaccines yet discovered to combat against the pandemic that has put the world and its system in jeopardy. However, this misfortune has empowered technology giants to work alongside healthcare providers and offer comprehensive support in terms of innovative machinery and equipment. Big corporations are applying AI, big data, robotics, and cloud technologies to create devices that could limit the mass extension of this infection. The procurement of AI-enabled detection cameras has surfaced the need for bulk screening in crowded places. The employment of AI-powered systems with integrated thermal imaging and visible sensors can be a mighty tool for enterprises across various sectors in determining elevated body temperature. The global AI-based fever detection camera market size is expected to reach USD 2.19 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period, foretells Fortune Business Insights.
AI-based Fever Detection Camera – A Succour in the Time of Heat
As we move towards a darker phase of the outbreak, authorities and governments are ramping ways to shield the public from the fervent attack of the virus. Governments have made it obligatory for organizations to deploy thermal devices at every entrance for temperature checks. These cameras can be placed anywhere at the entry of warehouses, offices, campuses, airports, and others. The leading-edge cameras leverage extremely progressive AI and cloud analytics for immediate discovery and evaluations of body temperatures. For instance, Kogniz, an AI-security product company launched an AI-based camera and software system. The system can scan groups and crowds during the time of entry and assesses anyone with high body temperature, and COVID-19 symptoms. Moreover, the system Kogniz Health can instantaneously send real-time alerts, if any individual with a fever needs to be isolated or require medical attention.
What we ought to know?
These powerful and smart cameras can unobtrusively scan up to 35-40 people every second and swiftly pass speedy evaluations. The AI-based fever detection camera provides robust image quality along with data about surroundings, expression, gender, age, glasses, mask, and others. The system in the cameras also supports analytics for situations such as sneeze detection, social distancing exercises, as well as face/voice verification for digital entry and other more. Unlike old thermal cameras, AI-enabled cameras can detect fever competently for seamless assessment with an accuracy of (±0.2°С/±0.5°F).
Latest Generation Fever Detection Cameras
- Kogniz Health launched an AI-based camera called The Health Cam. The thermal integrated camera can be placed or mounted desk or wall respectively. Its highly-accurate infrared technology can detect fever in a person from 16 feet away. The price of the camera is listed at $10k.
- Scylla’s BTD Thermal Scanners come with a customized package and a subscription of $40 a month.
- Kronikare announced the ongoing trials of iTHERMO, an AI-powered temperature screening with a higher, accurate, and low-cost solution.
- Altoros unveiled a coronavirus detection system, a state-of-the-art AI-based solution to curb the spread of the COVID-19. The advanced fever screening acts as an exceptional device in the prevention of the disease.
- ai, a major provider of video analytics introduced an AI-supported detection camera to facilitate initial and mild symptoms of COVID-19. The camera can scan from 20 meters of distance.
- Platinum CCTV, a leader in innovative and unique products including security cameras released a unique version of body sensing camera. The new system, PT-BF5421-T Thermal/Visible IP Camera can be installed in organizations and businesses to assist them in inspecting fevers of visitors. The new generation AI technology will help to identify and assess body fevers with a temperature up to ±0.56°F
Foremost Reasons to Consider the New AI-Technology
The devastation caused by the pandemic to the hospitality, travel, sports, entertainment, and manufacturing industries is mammoth. Now, these sectors are searching for ways to reopen with high safety and protection. Although there is a possibility for the second wave of coronavirus businesses need to recover from the initial hit. The deployment of fever detection cameras can be a part of a protective and preventive precautionary measure to expedite the retrieval of economies.
She is a content writer & editor for more than 12 years. She usually writes about technology news, country news, arts & science, travel & automobiles. She used to test the product and write reviews for popular magazines.